Business Tips: 7 Ways to Get (and stay) Caught Up at Work in 2018
For business owners and managers, extra time is scarce. Learn how to make the most of your day by following these simple tips:
- Keyboard Shortcuts Learn keyboard shortcuts for the computer programs you use regularly. The time you save will really add up.
- Internet Time Limit how many times a day you check social media, news, etc. Otherwise, leave them alone.
- The Black Hole of Email Schedule specific times of day to check email. This seriously improves productivity. Read and respond, then close your email program.
- Separate Work and Personal Emails By having different email accounts, you can avoid answering personal emails at work and work emails at home.
- Critical or Important? When you’re overwhelmed and don’t know where to start, put tasks into two categories: critical and important. Finish the critical items and then tackle things that are important.
- Be Prepared Save time by putting together tomorrow’s game plan today. Before you leave, arrange the details of your day. This way, you can easily prioritize and schedule, which allows you to work more efficiently.
- The Exit Plan You have a work start time, but do you really have a leaving time? If you schedule to leave the office at a specific time, you’re more likely to stay on task and be more productive.