February 2022, Copper Partner Hammock Beach Golf Resort & Spa
The Networking event at Drive Shack and Culver’s was fantastic. I had the opportunity to meet so many wonderful people. I was pleased to learn that a few had been to the resort. I have been involved with Chamber’s throughout my career and Lake Nona is top notch. You all do an incredible job and I look forward to a successful partnership.
Leisure Sales Manager • Hammock Beach Golf Resort & Spa
O 386.246.5523 M 917.699.2158 E Lpazzini@hammockbeach.com
200 Ocean Crest Drive, Palm Coast, FL 32137
Click below for our Look Book
February 2022, Maid 4 Time, Tina Servis
OMG this chamber is amazing, everyone is so kind, I'm really glad I joined. I talked with the balloon guy about education, super excited. Thank you for reaching out to me to have me come to the event!! Made a lot of great connections!
January 2022 OG Fitness, Keilah Rios
I just got off the phone with my marketing director. She said that the Lake Nona chamber website ranks #2 for directing traffic to my website in the last 30 days. I've been having a great time at the events and I'm happy to see a positive impact already. Thank you for the warm welcome!
2012 Jaffa Drive Unit #110
St. Cloud, FL 34771
SYLVAN LEARNING CENTER- KATHLEEN STINE
Last night was a huge mental boost for me! Just spending the time talking with the members in the room and seeing their actual excitement that we were not only joining the chamber but the community, told me everything I need to know about our partnership. It was a wonderful event and I cannot wait to attend more in the near future with all of you.
As a new business owner, things have been both scary and stressful for me and I have felt like there was nowhere to turn for help in getting our faces and our business out into the community without thousands of hours of promoting on our end, however; just one phone call with you yesterday and I actually sleep better for the first time in months knowing that we made the right choice joining the Chamber. We cannot wait to work with you guys for all of the future events we will both have!
"How will you know that your membership is successful?”
Measuring success is different for every person, however; I measure my success as both a member and community partner by how many students we are able to positively impact with the programs that we have to offer them. Sylvan has a wide variety of programs from reading, writing, and math tutoring all the way to SAT/ACT and College Essay Writing assistance. If even just one student comes to me next year and says “because of Sylvan, I was able to get into my dream college!” then I would consider that a major success for me.
"How does the chamber mission support your company's mission?”
The Chamber mission supports Sylvan Learning's mission because while you are committed to promoting the core values of the community, diversity, wellness, and innovation; Sylvan is committed to promoting the understanding of each of these values through education and hands on learning.
"What challenges do you see your chamber partnership solving?”
Marketing, marketing, marketing. Our biggest challenge at this time is marketing and recruiting families.
"If your membership could accomplish just one thing, what would that be?”
Reach as many students in the Orange County area looking for supplemental education help or tutoring services
CHAMBER TESTIMONIAL VIDEOS
JOEL FERGUSON - EDWARD JONES, on volunteering, and one-stop shop
MARISSA BURNS AND CHERYL MOORE -CHEAP CHIC LIFE, on their online store and networking in the chamber.
JOHN BATMAN KALISH - A HERO FOR KIDS, on business to business networking and helping the community and nonprofit organizations.
CYNTHIA WASHINGTON - WCI of FLORIDA, on the Diversity and Inclusion Committee which began in 2019.
EDDIE BRADLEY - LACONIC DIGITAL, on his experience as a new member.
CHRIS CLARK - GUIDEWELL INNOVATION CENTER, on referrals received through their partnership with the chamber.
BRANDY BENNETT - E|SPACES ORLANDO, recommends getting involved in community events and sponsorships.
TERESA TURNER - FRIENDS OF FISHER HOUSE on ambassadors, board of directors, committees and getting involved in keeping the Lake Nona region healthy through involvement.
Why You Should Join Lake Nona Regional Chamber of Commerce
Your chamber is Essential -
- Courage - standing up for what we believe in and we are willing to fight for what’s right, so our businesses can grow, and our community can thrive, a
- Catalyst of business growth, a
- Convener of leaders and influencers and a
- Champion for a thriving community.
“Local chambers of commerce are businesses joined together to Improve their value, visibility, and credibility; Share news, ideas, and best practices; Qualify for higher negotiated group savings on the products and services they use; and Become better connected with the markets they serve and the resources they need to serve them.”
- Members you meet through the Chamber can be your clients and open doors to other companies to help grow your business.
- Serving on a committee provides numerous networking opportunities as well as professional leadership development. You will build your business while promoting developments of keen interest to local businesses and the community at large.
- Your ability to influence public policy on common business problems becomes greater as more voices are added to advocate on behalf of businesses like yours.
- We take on the tough issues and oppose new regulations, taxes, fees, assessments and costs directed at small businesses.
- We protect the principles of free enterprise and aids businesses in being treated fairly.
- Membership in a Chamber of Commerce is considered a must by the public and other businesses for your business to be taken seriously and be considered a viable player in your industry.
- Being a chamber of commerce member makes your business more desirable to customers. When a small business is a chamber of commerce member, consumers are 80% more likely to purchase goods or services from the business in the future (The Schapiro Group, 2012).
- Consumers and business owners and operators want to do business with someone who is vested in their community.
- Chamber members offer discounts to one another. Group savings add up—sometimes to thousands or more—and chamber members and vendor partners are always adding and improving benefits.
- The problems you face in business are likely shared by your fellow men and women in the business community. What better way to talk through difficulties or problems in your business than discussing with those who are walking on the same path as you.
- You don’t have time to stay on top of all the local, regional, and state issues which could impact your business, but that’s at the heart of what we do. We keep you informed so that you can concentrate on growing your business.
- Whether you are looking to keep an eye on the competition or find other businesses to market to, joining a Chamber will help.
- The Chamber hosts countless programs to help you increase your skills in all aspects of your business.
Increase your visibility in the community
- We promote your business, especially when you first become a member. With many marketing venues -website, social media, community events, and print advertising, we likely have a larger following than your business, so any exposure the chamber gives to your business can be beneficial.
- What better way to introduce your business to potential clients than through chamber-sponsored events that attract other businesses and the public.
- Take advantage of free positive brand recognition and exposure on the chamber’s website and larger social networks, and the many cost-effective advertising and sponsorship opportunities offered by chamber newsletters, digital marketing campaigns, and events to reach more of your market for less.
- A membership with us is a little like placing several small advertisements for your business all over town. We send out emails, newsletters, and press releases welcoming their newest members. These are distributed around the community, putting your business in front of people who may be looking for a business like yours
- You might be able to deduct membership fees as allowable business expenses. This helps counteract the cost of the membership. To learn more, see “Club dues and membership fees” under “Miscellaneous Expenses” in IRS Publication 535.
Chamber events and programs
- Chamber events and programs provide members with great opportunities to get to know new people and expand their prospect base.
- Chamber events are innovative and fun ways to help members meet potential customers, clients and vendors— and generate new business leads.
Receive chamber newsletters
- Newsletters provide new member information, interesting information about operating a local business, articles about the local community, a community calendar and details about up-and-coming chamber events, among other things.
- When you sit on business committees and eventually advance into leadership positions, you are seen by the public and other business owners and operators as an expert in your field.
- When you give back to your community, you’re helping others, and that helps the business community become stronger.
- When the business community is vibrant and strong, the local economy is stronger, and that is good for all businesses that depend on consumers’ ability to spend in the local marketplace.
- Chambers provide you with opportunities to get involved in your community and to better your business. And, there are ways to make the membership cost more manageable for your small business budget. In addition to the direct savings and growth benefits, membership also supports community and non-profit projects that keep the local market strong and growing (and able to buy!), and supports efforts that provide a top-of-the-line workforce.
If you’ve been considering joining your local Chamber of Commerce in order to advertise your business, you should know that it is still a great, relevant way to introduce your business to your community.
It takes time to make your presence known in your community. This is true whether you join a Chamber of Commerce or not. But, if you join one AND you actively participate, network, and make an effort to get your business seen, you will see faster results than someone who doesn’t do these things.
PROS AND CONS OF JOINING YOUR LOCAL CHAMBER OF COMMERCE 01/25/2017 BY POSTCARD PORTABLES CORPORATE TEAM